This past July the 4th we celebrated the 242nd anniversary of our nation’s independence. That is a goal that all Americans can be proud of. However, one of the things that instill us with pride, apart from how our brave servicemen and women serve us all, is that our products Marine Corps products are still made in America. Go online and seek out the big mass retailers and I would dare say that few could make that same claim. Nor do many of them care where they source their goods. We do. We care for the following reasons:
- Products Made in the USA produce jobs – here! The global economy is one thing, but it is important that Americans can find opportunities to work here in the US. Products made in the USA move along a long chain and employs people who work in trucking, manufacturing, supply, etc.
- Products Made in the USA are better for the environment: Many countries do not have the same strict manufacturing processes when it comes to the economy that the US does. America has much higher standards and better technologies that produce more eco-friendly end products.
- Products Made in the USA help reduce the deficit: Unfortunately, our economy is nearly always running at a deficit. An investment in American products improves the economy while reducing the deficit.
- Products that are outsourced to other countries rarely return here: The outsourcing of jobs to foreign countries has long had a devastating effect on American businesses. In too many cases, those jobs are gone forever. Buying American products help to reduce the chances that will occur.
- Buying from American producers promotes our independence: We Americans are proud of our independence and rightfully so. Unfortunately, we have become reliant on foreign imports. Some of these imports are from countries that by no means have our best interest in mind. Buying American made products like our Marine Corps products online allow us to lessen our dependence on foreign countries.
In short, buying products that are American made makes us stronger as a nation. Sure, we could outsource like too many businesses do, but then we would only be contributing to the problem. After all, if we did not believe in a strong nation we would not have served in the armed forces.